Pretend you're on holiday in Thailand
With this delicious fried rice recipe...
HIGH PROTEIN PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE | 🍚 🍍 Holy jebus this was so so quick and easy. The hardest part was carving out the pineapple but that was purely for presentation purposes and is completely unnecessary for the actual dish. #instalyfe
1 cup Moorish Mince (Vegan)
1 pack Waitrose cooked Rice, Edamame & Quinoa mix (if you don’t have access to this, you could use 1 cup cooked rice, half cup cooked black quinoa, half a cup cooked edamame beans.)
1 x cloves garlic, crushed
2 x tablespoons of chopped chives
1 x red pepper finely chopped
2 x vegan eggs (or free range organic if you’ve got it)
1 x teaspoon chill-jam
Palm sized serving of chopped pineapple
1 few Thai basil leaves (Thai basil is one of my favourite herbs ever, don’t mix it with regular basil, really different taste).
2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Take a teaspoon of your oil, then Pour in the ‘eggs’ and cook, stirring frequently, until the eggs are scrambled and lightly set, usually takes about 1 minute. Transfer the eggs to the empty bowl. Wipe out the pan if necessary.
2. Throw some more oil in the pan (about a tablespoon) and cook garlic, chives, red pepper and pineapple, stirring frequently. Allow pineapple to caramelise (maybe two minutes or so) then remove from pan and set aside in the egg bowl.
3. Heat the Moorish Mince from @moodleymanor in a pan (as per instructions) and set aside.
4. Throw rice into pan with tablespoon of oil and cook until hot, then add all remaining ingredients (keeping a few Thai basil leave to garnish). Stir around to mix well and heat.
5. Allow to cool slightly before serving it up, unless your like me and you get really excited and burn your mouth on the first bite and then can’t taste any of the rest of the dish because you were an impatient little git.
This recipe serves two but I pretty much devoured all of it. It is seriously so good and you’ll feel so smug after making it. (Well, I did.) It looks like summer outside so I’m outtie!